Saturday 30 October 2010

Paris and I ~ 'You Will Make My Day'

iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ You Will Make My Day ~


You Will Make My Day, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

i try to keep myself out of the images i post on Paris and I, but it's not every day you pass your own sepulture in one of your favourite local cemeteries in the foreign city you love most, so i'm going to make an exception.

i mean, what on earth is a 'Will' tomb doing tucked away on the edge of the Cimetière Montmartre, in a district which has become almost a second home to me and my gloaming roaming lenses.

OK, i've hidden the first part of the barrel, which makes it 'Famille Pillet-Will', but that still means a Will was intimately involved somewhere down the line. And to think i believed there weren't any others outside the Aberdeen area of north-eastern Scotland.

Maybe it was written. Maybe it's a sign. Maybe they were poets. Maybe they were swine. Maybe it doesn't change your day, but it sure made mine.

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I' photo blog)

1 comment:

Alexa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Will. My ancestors (most of them anyway—we Americans are from ALL over) are also Scots. This would definitely have made my day! Love your photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...