Saturday 9 October 2010

Paris and I ~ 'Sacré Bleu!'

iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Sacré Bleu! ~


Sacré Bleu!, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

Don't look so surprised - i'll get up at 3 o'clock in the morning if you pay me enough, and here it's only just before 8 on a slightly chilly October morning on the backside of Montmartre, and yes I am being paid to be here!

Not that i would mind being here if i weren't being paid for it. Waiting for my client, i've already seen the mairie of the 18th arrondissement at 7.30 am for the first time ever!

i've concretised the geographical relationship between two parts of the city which had always been a bit hazy for me up until now: the 18th's town hall and the route of one of my Montmartre photo walks.

And not least i've added the above freaky photo to my life's legacy, along with a coupla others which i'll be showing you in due course.

Just heard they're re-re-repeating the train strikes again in a few days, so watch out for more amazed faces on Paris & I if i make it to next week's rendez-vous...

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I' photo blog)

2 comments:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Very creative, Sab! The morning light does make for great photos and not many pedestrians in the shot. Well, none other than this scary crowd that you snapped!

Bon weekend!
Genie

Sab said...

Thanks Genie. Often the crazy advertising posters create great photo ops which you can never guess in advance. They tend to crop up pretty regularly in my shots I find, so they have some useful purpose after all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...