Friday 29 October 2010

Paris and I ~ 'Ride The Rainbow Express'

iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Ride The Rainbow Express ~


Ah, how many times have a waited for the Big Metro, the Line 15, the 'Eurostar', to whisk me away, from friends and lovers to daughters and mothers...

What? How many? Oh, sorry! Well, lots of times, people, lots of times.

The Eurostar has become synonymous for me with doorways and transitions; reflection and rejection; denial and, ultimately, renewal.

As with all train journeys, sadness and separation travel the same rails as reunion and rejoicing. But in retrospect, whatever the feelings, it's always a rainbow ride.

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I' photo blog)

2 comments:

The Armchair Parisian said...

Here's to wishing I were on the Eurostar today ~ whisking to and fro ANYWHERE. I'm having a serious case of Paris and Beyond Jonesing today...

Sab said...

Hey, Armchair, I'm sure you'll be off on another Rainbow Ride soon. Let me know when it comes around - often when you're least expecting it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...