Wednesday 23 January 2013

White Out


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ White Out ~

White Out by Paris Set Me Free
White Out, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Christmas trees still up outside the Mairie of the 18th arrondissement here in Paris. Covered in snow - very fetching, and it's not even fake.

I got to them very quickly from my start at Porte de Clignancourt up in the north. In fact my entire walk from the outskirts to the centre only took me an hour and a half, much less than I thought it would, even through heavy snow.

Paris Pix on iTunes & Google Play!
Which brings home the fact that Paris is a fairly small city, as great cities go. Another hour and a half, maximum, and I could have been leaving by the southern door at Porte d'Orléans had I so wished; so much for the city of light.

Walking transversally or even following the Seine would probably take about the same time. I did a walk last year where, starting out at Pont National, we crossed all the bridges as we made our way into the centre. That was fun. Silly, but fun. I've yet to do the other half from the west, which will take longer.

All of this to introduce the fact that I'll be doing quite a few walks this year if all goes accordiing to plan so if you happen to be in town look out for them on the Paris If You Please Meet Up group and come along - it'll be great to see you. But leave the snow at home if you don't mind. Until next winter in any case.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...