Friday 11 January 2013

End Of The Day Demo


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ End Of The Day Demo ~

End Of The Day Demo by Paris Set Me Free
End Of The Day Demo, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Difficult to go anywhere in Paris these days without crunching into someone with an axe to grind.

What was weird about this particular demonstration, taking place at the Place Saint-Michel, was that it seemed to be a cross-grievance gathering. As well as the above-proclaimed 'rights of man in Vietnam' banner protest there were many others draped in the highly colourful Tibetan flag, also shown here.

What's that about? Maybe there's a link but if so I didn't discover what it was.

It was also an ethnically varied bunch who were present, including the odd middle-class-looking French lady or two as well as the standard Tibetan types and young semi-rad students and the colourful baggy trousered brigade.

Paris Pix on iTunes & Google Play!
This sort of thing always makes me feel I should be more committed to some cause or other, but I can live with it. I feel my calling is to bring this sort of thing to people's attention through my photography and words, not even because I believe in their cause necessarily but just because that's what's happening on the streets of Paris today. I think that's worthy - or worth - something.

It occurs to me that I've never taken part in any demo, or manifestation as they call it over here. I guess I'm just not the demonstrating type, and some of that must come from my grin-and-bear-it British upbringing I reckon.

On the other hand, I've manifested and continue to manifest quite a large amount of stuff through the wonders of the internet. More than some people I know, anyway. Whether what I manifest is worth the pixels it's displayed on is another matter, but I do it, and that in itself seems to satisfy my need to 'proclaim' on something, even if it's not banner-waving in the streets of Paris.

At the end of the day it's simply a colourful image of rising suns and reds, blues and yellows which is particularly pleasing to these eyes at least. If it communicates more than that, so much the better.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...