Saturday 19 January 2013

Weather Or Not


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Weather Or Not ~

Weather Or Not by Paris Set Me Free
Weather Or Not, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

I've never understood weather forecasts. I mean, I've never understood why people watch them for minutes every day, the majority of which is about other places, when all they need to do to know what the weather is like is stick their head out of the door.

And if they want to know what the weather will be like tomorrow they've only to stick their head's out of the door tomorrow - simple!

Go to AMAZON to get your Paris Photo Chronicles NOW!
There is an obsession with the weather, especially in places where it really doesn't matter that much. If you're dehydrating in a drought or getting washed away in a tsunami I imagine the last thing you're doing is tuning in to the end of the news of an evening.

I could tell you that a fairly heavy blanket of snow snuck up over our ankles yesterday evening. I could but one miserable metaphor doesn't make a magnum opus, although many would appear to differ.

There was a thing on Facebook just now saying if someone from the 1950s appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about life today. The answer was that we have devices in our pockets capable of accessing the entire knowledge base known to man. And we use it to look at pictures of cats and get into arguments with strangers.

To that we could add 'and talk about the weather'. I know it's snowing. In lots of places. I also know that there are other places where it is very hot right now. This doesn't change much for me.

My girlfriend would call it 'kom-you-nee-kay-shun', at which I, being a man, am obviously crap. But still. The weather. Sheez. Be like the guy whose abode we see here. If it's raining he stays in his tent. If it's not he comes out. That's called being at one with nature. Maybe a little too close all the same. Now, what's on the box? Oh good, the news is just ending...



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...