Sunday 6 January 2013

Banana Skins & Bauhaus Has Beens


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Banana Skins & Bauhaus Has Beens ~



BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Getting an official commission for a piece of public art is about as easy as rowing across the Seine in a banana skin.

Someone got this one though, and pretty cool it is too. In a Bauhaus, minimalist, Germanic Art Deco kind of stylie, if you see what I mean.

Now on iTunes & Google Play!
I'm intrigued to know how they did it, with all those lines and curves and indentations and whatnot, but this shall no doubt remain a mystery to me, being blissfully ignorant of the intricacies and ins and outs of such things.

It's on the street-side of a building near that weird green Seine-side thing in the 13th. This used to be a heavily industrialised area and in fact they are planning on restimulating commercial river traffic to take the pressure off the roads; one heavily laden barge can replace tens of lorries on the streets of the city...

And that's it. I have nothing more to say about this particular bas-relief beauty coz I don't know any more. If I'd been more observant the artist or architect's name must have been scrawled somewhere but I wasn't.

I have a dream to one day create a public piece of art. It's gonna have something to do with cubes and not a banana skin in sight; Warhol I ain't. Keep your eyes peeled - it's coming any decade now...



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...