Thursday 24 January 2013

All In A Flurry


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ All In A Flurry ~

All In A Flurry by Paris Set Me Free
All In A Flurry, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Today is the first day for two months when I haven't needed to write at least two Paris Photo Chronicles and I can't tell you (well, ok, I'm about to) what a relief it is. It's a relief.

Around mid September I got behind. Big time. My iPhone - you know that fancy device I've been using to take photos with for this very blog for nearly three years... - conked out. Stopped working. Gave up the ghost. And so did this blog.

Go to AMAZON to get your Paris Photo Chronicles NOW!
It was only two months later, in mid-November, that I finally got my new iPhone 5 and was able to resume normal service. I was determined not to have a yawning gap in my Fabulous Output, and so I went at it at double quick time.

So for 60 days, including over the Christmas period, I produced an average of two Paris Photo Chronicles a day instead of one. That's 120 pieces in two months. Heaven knows what happened to the quality, if it had ever been there. I hardly dare go back and read what I wrote, but so be it. It's done.

Now I'm soaring like the bird in this picture - you knew I'd get a link in somewhere, didn't you? - with a feeling of freedom like a weight's been lifted.

One piece per day from now on, usually first thing in the morning, et voilà! My only worry is that I'm going away for over a month in a while - will I be able to keep up the production rate? Based on my recent painful experience I'm determined not to get behind again. In fact it's so easy to produce a significant body of work if you just do a little every day - frighteningly easy. But most people don't do it.

As you know, I'm an impulsive sort, and terribly impatient - can't stand hanging around for things like novels or even short stories to fall out of my head, and so I blog. It's the ideal medium for me. But that's enough about me and not enough about Paris. See you tomorrow, same time, same place for some more, probably snowy, flurrying Paris fun.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...