Tuesday 11 January 2011

Rubik Reality


Rubik Reality, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

Some bloggers, I've noticed, force themselves to actually APPROACH STRANGERS in the metro and take their photo, along with a little slice of their lives, and publish it for all to wonder at. I admire their gumption, I really do.

My approach is slightly different. I wait for something to strike me (hopefully not one of my fellow passengers who thinks they've got 'the weirdo'), photographically speaking, and then try to grab it without anyone being any the wiser. It's kind of fun and frustrating in equal measure.

So what's so inspiring about this bunch of blur above, you're probably wondering. Well it's half personal and half sociovoyeuristic, if you will.

Sociothingy because it's always perversely intriguing to witness our fellow humans also desperately trying not to do nothing in a place where it's rather difficult to do much worthwhile of anything.

And personal because in my artistic life I spend far too much time fiddling around with coloured squares and cubes in my pursuit of some sort of artistically unified abstract reality. I wonder if he's found his.

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I' photo blog @ paris-and-i.parissetmefree.com )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...