Friday 7 January 2011

Jeepers Creepers


Jeepers Creepers, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

A petrified tree growing out of a medieval column and encrusting itself all over the gracefully arched ceiling; what's going on?!

Well I won't tell you quite yet, but it is, of course, to be found somewhere within the central Paris area, and I think I'll make it one of my quiz questions just as soon as Mr. Internet re-enters my life so that I can do more interesting things than type messages painfully slowly with one finger like this one.

Anyway, today I was very pleased to discover this place I'd been past from time to time but had never gone in. Living history right under our noses in the heart of the city - don't we owe it to ourselves to find out more? (And does anyone know where or what it is?)

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I' photo blog @ paris-and-i.parissetmefree.com )

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

It looks weird. For a moment I thought those were bats clinging to the ceiling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...