Thursday 20 January 2011

Paris and I ~ 'High Time To Come Down'

iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ High Time To Come Down ~


High Time To Come Down, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


This melancholic girl has been part of my life ever since I first visited the city and had my first experience in the world's most wonderful cemetery.

Whilst others are off (their heads ;-) jumping for Jim or lipstick-kissing Oscar's stone, she an' me are quietly passing moments, contemplating the passing of time and the flimsiness of it all.

She's off on the east side, just up from the war memorials; say hi to her from I if you're ever passing by that way.

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

2 comments:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Oh yes, I will look for her on my next visit and I am assuming PL since you mentioned Oscar Wilde... great photo, Sab.

The cemeteries are very photogenic and you do not have to worry about your subject "blinking"

Bises,
Genie

Sab said...

Yes, in Père Lachaise Genie. Very close to Oscar Wilde's tomb in fact. I was taken by this particular cemetery straight away, many years ago, and it's still very special, and wonderful, just wonderful for photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...