Friday 14 January 2011

Paris and I ~ 'The Bear Facts'

iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ The Bear Facts ~


The Bear Facts, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


Look, bear with me on this one, will you? Oh, sorry, someone's just told me I used that one last month, so I take it back.

Anyway, here we are in the... where do you think? Funny little shops.. meandering medieval streets.. homosexuals happily rubbing shoulders (well, almost) with Hasidic Jews..?

That's right, it's the Marais in the 4th, and this cheerful chap is touting for business outside a lovely little boutique called L'Ours du Marais (The Marais Bear). Practically anything that can be fluffified or bear-emblazoned has been, and if you do happen to be an ursophile, or simply pining for lost tender moments of childhood, this could just be your home-from-home.

Curiously, ursophile, and even the good old cuddly 'bear' has an altogether different meaning in some circles, such as one of those mentioned above. But I didn't notice the twain meeting when I took this particular photo.

Of course, even more delicate subtleties may well have been present but just gone straight over my head. And it's probably much for the best that way, being a Bear of Very Little Brain, who gets bothered by llooonnnnggggg words.

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2010
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...