Wednesday 21 November 2012

Waiting For Will


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Waiting For Will ~

Waiting For Will by Paris Set Me Free
Waiting For Will, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

At first I thought this sign said not to take photos upstairs, which you're not supposed to do, and with this photo having been - shhh - taken upstairs, the irony would have been rich.

Anyway, Shakespeare and Company are preparing a book containing recollections and reminiscences of anyone who has been involved or in any way inspired by the shop and its culture and atmosphere, which is quite legendary in these parts.

Paris Pix on iTunes & Google Play!
I submitted my Shakespeare and Co. poem for their consideration and got a delightfully friendly and appreciative message back. Which leads me to think they're not going to touch it with a barge pole, but I reckon it's worth a long shot.

Maybe I'm not giving them credit for adventurousness (or tolerence for uselessness?), nor do I have the slightest idea about their editorial policy - heck, I don't swear in it, not even once! Not really. Time will tell.

It's actually ten years since I wrote it, back in 2003, so it would be a nice present if they included it. I once interviewed Sylvia too but they never published the interview as some of the sweet and funny things she said about her dad she considered too personal at the time. I hope she reconsiders one day.

I'm so out of touch - do they still do the poetry evenings on a Monday where someone would present their latest book or something, and then any old wannabe - like me - could get up and spout away for the space of a poem or two. Those were the days, my friend.

By the way, the title of this post comes from this self-portrait, which shows me reading a rather curious book I discovered in the cosy little reading room upstairs at Shakespeare and Company, especially considering my full name is a certain Sab Will...



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...