Sunday 25 November 2012

Postcard From Paris


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Postcard From Paris ~

Postcard From Paris by Paris Set Me Free
Postcard From Paris, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

One of the things I appreciate most about the city of Paris is that it's a lived in city. Despite the hoards of tourists and misplaced wannabe British street photographers, there's still a place for the little old lady venturing out onto the street light lit pavements to post a letter or two.

There are so many areas that feel just like the quartiers that they are, but much more so than in that big sprawl called London for example. There's something almost homely about them, and even more once the Christmas lights come out, which obviously isn't the case here yet, but it will be soon.

As a total aside, one the life's great mysteries for me has always been why the older a lady gets the shorter she seems to feel she should cut her hair. I have absolutely nothing against short hair on ladies, for goodness sake, but I do like it when a little old lady has decided to let her freak flag fly, as Crosby said. And Jenny Joseph wearing purple.

When I'm an old man I'm not sure I'll be doing anything much differently and even what I do today couldn't be called 'outrageous' by a long stretch of the imagination. But I try, in my way, to produce, to brighten up, to let my remaining hair down, to rattle some railings (but not to spit), even though it's not to everyone's taste. But that's all part of the fun. Bonsoir Madame, and keep those letters coming (and that hair flowing)!



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...