Tuesday 6 November 2012

Walk, Don't Walk


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Walk, Don't Walk ~

Walk, Don't Walk by Paris Set Me Free
Walk, Don't Walk, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Still remember the day I went back to the UK, approached a pedestrian crossing and stopped.

Paris Pix on iTunes & Google Play!
In France it's basically a battle of nerves as to who will be the first to yield and let the other - car or flesh and bones - go first.

Anyway, stopped at the crossing and noticed a strange thing. A car was slowing down and then also stopped, despite there being no traffic lights of any sort.

I waited. He waited. We eyed each other warily. I then saw he was gesticulating something. An agressive display of male-to-male intimidation, no doubt. I looked closer and then it dawned on me; he wanted me to cross the road in front of him.

He's slowed down and stopped, completely voluntarily, to let me go first. Amazing. Been on the crazy capricious continent too long, it seems.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...