Monday 19 September 2011

Uplifted After All


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Uplifted After All ~


Uplifted After All, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

This has gotta be the scrappiest little church I ever did see. It's got a couple of girders looking like part of a job lot from the dismantling of the old Petite Ceinture railway masquerading as a cross, and painted in the most unflattering of washed out pale blues. Trust me, I did them one huge favour on adding a bit of glamour to this thoroughly uninspiring house of god.

It calls itself the Saint Gabriel Parish Church, and I suppose it's only trying to make the best of a pretty bad hand, bad being the operative word, but as an observer of religions as opposed to religion, I wouldn't feel particularly blessed if this were my local.

OK, I'm probably not being very fair, and I haven't even been inside, so what on earth right do I have to slag off this humble place of worship for those who feel the need to worship something. Don't look at me like that - it's their word, not mine!

So I'll stick my head in, and contrary to all appearances I actually quite like the atmosphere one finds in churches - it's a pleasing mixture of musty peacefulness combined with enough thought fodder on human folly and ignorance to inspire a whole bunch of new missives, so all in all a positive experience generally speaking. Which has to be a good thing in the end.

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...