Thursday 15 September 2011

IMG_8896


IMG_8896, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

The French for hurt is 'blessé', and I've always found it tempting to translate it into English directly as 'blessed', so I'll do so here. To all those who have been 'blessed' by my words, often written in haste, but never without feeling, I'm sorry. In blessing you I have done my heart and my art a disservice, which was not my intention. The fatalist in me says 'que sera sera', whatever will be, will be, but the determinist retorts, 'Oh come on, you can do better than that!', and I'm inclined to agree. So again, with an eye on future failings, I apologise, to those of you blessed when my meaning hasn't been quite clear, and to those for whom my incoherent ramblings have just become a bit much (but thanks for reading all the same). The French for blessed is 'béni(e)', but try as I might I couldn't come up with a more apposite cultural reference than Benny from Crossroads, and if you're old enough to remember that, you're getting on a bit! Getting on is good though, isn't it? Bless you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...