Tuesday 20 September 2011

Tall Tales & Toilet Training


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Tall Tales & Toilet Training ~

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

The first thing that struck me about the Lycée Hélène-Boucher in the 20th arrondissement was its strikingly Stalinesque sinisterness. If it wasn't for the fancy Peugeots and Renaults in the foreground, you could quite easily imagine yourself transported back in time to 1930s Soviet Union or any of the satellites they installed their ideologies in - this reminds me of a grim building I saw in Estonia, I think it was.

The second thing that struck me was how similar those top little ledgy things are to the latest incarnation of Parisian urine-removal devices, otherwise known as 'toilets', or 'bathrooms' if any of my North American friends with fragile sensibilities are tuned in.

Can this be a coincidence, or did the designer have (water) closet Communist architectural sympathies? Whatever the case, all I can urge you to do is reflect as you relieve, upon the cyclical nature of things. I hope I'm not repeating myself. And don't forget to shake. Ladies, a simple wiggle will suffice. Good grief, how did I get onto this? I started off talking about architecture! See you tomorrow for more tall tales and toilet training.

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...