Sunday 26 June 2011

Paris and I ~ 'And So I Run'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ And So I Run ~


And So I Run, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

This makes me think of a poem ~ I poeticise, y'know ~ and I'll share the first two verses with you now. I know it had a great rhythm, back in the day, something like the sound of pounding, as I mercilessly covered the concrete. I've lost it now, but maybe you can rediscover it for me... (and it's about to rain after days of suffocating heat, how's that for synchronicity?)

Pounding soggy concrete
Into dripping dust
Under jackhammer pumps
My thighs
Clear yawning clawing
Chasms lurking between
Each paving stone

With an easy leap, I laugh
Alone, I am reborn
Invincible, the rain soothes me
Balms me, bathes me
Cleansing, nothing
Can stop me now



P.S. The pic is of a wild Paris artistic haven of the likes I could only dream of inhabiting. It goes by the name of 'Les Frigos' (the Fridges) because... that's what it is. Artists' studios in enormous disembobulated, well... fridges. What did you expect?

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...