Wednesday 15 June 2011

Easy Living


Easy Living, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

You could almost imagine a touch of the Janice Joplins about the above scene, no? My first surprise encounter with the FĂȘte de la Musique a couple of days ago, as I'd forgotten it was mid-summer's night, and this accapella troup were performing some nice if rather subdued numbers for and appreciative corner cafĂ© audience in the 2nd arrondissement.

As I'd forgotten and had to get home I only had time to take a couple of grab shots, for what they're worth.

I read an article yesterday saying that due to a booze prohibition order in some of the city's liveliest areas, such as the Butte aux Cailles, the party risked turning into a bit of a non-event. Whether this was the case I couldn't say, but around St. Michel, as I said in my related post, things were swinging along nicely. Happy Summertime.

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I' photo blog @ paris-and-i.parissetmefree.com )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...