Tuesday 14 June 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Smoke And The City'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Smoke And The City ~


Smoke And The City, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Paris has a good sense of humour, I'll give it that.

Tucked away discretely on the Rue Saint Lazare in the 9th arrondissement, right next to a cheapo little household linen store, lies... the City of London, rain an' all.

Yes, no less, no more, by George, it's the jolly Old Smoke itself. So now if I'm ever feeling homesick, which is approximately never, admittedly, I'll go for a wander and if I'm really down I can even continue my promenade along the adjacent Rue de Londres if I feel so inclined.

Paris is indeed well known for incorporating bits of other world famous cities into its make-up, and in this quarter in particular. Just a stone's throw from the aforementioned Cité de Londres, we can enjoy exotic strolls (if you use your imagination a bit) along the Rue d'Athènes, Rue de Rome, Rue d'Amsterdam, Rue de Milan, Rue de Madrid, Rue de Constantinople and Rue d'Edimbourg (the city of my birth), and that's just in the 9th (and a bit of the 8th)!

You see, there's really no need to leave the city to travel the world. Which is precisely what I did. I mean didn't. Oh, you know what I mean, don't you? I'm still here.

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...