Monday 26 March 2012

Walking The Thin Line


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Walking The Thin Line ~


Walking The Thin Line, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Now, I'm not one for giving pointless weather forecasts - there are about 150, mainly pointless, TV channels I can watch for that if I feel the urge. BUT, I can't resist saying that it's been lovely and warm for the last few days here in Ile de France, and the next few are supposed to be glorious too, so hopefully I'll be able to get out and start running down by the Orge river again.

I'm not the only one who loves Paris but who has been forced to move out in order to have a bit more space (I adore broom cupboards and that, but...). I've still got my five-zone train pass though, and head in several days a week, especially when I'm working on a BIG Paris photo project like I am now!

The first map shows you how far I actually am from the city. It looks a loonnngggg way out, and kind of is, but I'm right next to a direct line to Saint-Michel on line C qui craint moins que certaines (which is less scary than some).

Saint-Michel station, right in the middle of Paris, equals Notre-Dame, Ile de la Cité, Shakespeare and Company, Quartier Latin, Marais, Saint-Germain des Prés, Jardin de Luxembourg, etc. etc. in about 40 minutes, so you could say I don't feel too out of things. I'm near Arpajon, by the way, extreme bottom left in the map, and Paris is the circle top right.

The second map shows you where I run when I'm not running around Paris. I have no idea why I think you might be interested in this info but that's what's on my mind, as Sab Jnr. is being sick by my side, so I'm off-loading!

There's something magical about running through a wood or along a beautiful river knowing that in two hours I'll be taking pictures or having a leisurely English lesson with a young musician or sitting in a café tapping out the next of my daily thought-splurges.

And when I run in Paris, even after all these years, I still look up at the Eiffel Tower - yes, that old pile of scrap iron and rivets - with a smile on my face and say, hey!, I'm running past the Eiffel Tower, this snotty little kid from Norff London, innit mate. How about that!

The funny thing about living near Arpajon is, and excuse me for repeating myself, when I first arrived in France nearly 20 years ago, I had no money or job (hey, what's changed?) and camped out in the grounds of a youth hostel whilst trying to find work for a non-French speaking bum, and staying in... Arpajon! I've come full circle, you could say. Happy sunbasking, if you're lucky enough to be doing so.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...