Saturday 10 March 2012

Liberté, Egalité, Scotch & Papier


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Liberté, Egalité, Scotch & Papier ~


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Furtive little Rue de Furstenberg, hidden and humble, but some people's favourite place ni Paris(!) has a new statue. At least it did for about a half and hour on Saturday afternoon yesterday.

What I find exceedingly pleasing about these streets is that there's absolutely no way you can guess what you're going to come across.

I was on a photo tour with two delightful American clients photographing the cute La Dernière Goutte (The Last Drop) wine distributor in Saint-Germain-des-Prés, when I spotted a strange sight trundling down the road.

I should qualify that as 'strange to me', and admit that it's getting harder and harder to say just what is 'strange' these days in these peculiar streets.

Anyway, there it was, a huge cardboard and brown sticky tape (known as 'Scotch' here in France) creation, touring the streets of the 6th arrondissement in a mini-trailer behind a car, and bearing a distinct resemblance to, oh, I don't know, isn't there a famous statue States-side that looks just a little like this..?

So I'm pretty chuffed anyway, coz that brings my tally of genuine Paris representations of the Statue de la Liberté to a grand total of six (and a flame), although you might think this one doesn't count but I think it really should!

It was the work of an artists who was exhibiting his oeuvre d'art pretty unofficially, and Good For Him, for having the guts to do it as much as anything, and I stupidly, so stupidly didn't take his name. Maybe my clients did, I'll have to ask.

There was something so rough and ready about it, that you almost can't help but love it. Or maybe you just had to be there...



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...