Saturday 3 March 2012

Green Day in Paris


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Green Day in Paris ~


Green Day in Paris, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

This was a pure exercise in photographosity* if ever there was one, and I admit that quite freely. I'm even going to say so in the video; I make no claims whatsoever about the merits of this snatched street pic save one: it demonstrates admirably the way my fotographic fraught-processes work, for what that's worth.

I'd turned my back on these two (well, four) and was well on my way to the Picpus metro when I remembered that I'd said I really must grab a shot of them for a possible future 'Sab's Top 10 Cool Paris Columns' feature...

Now, there's column shots and there's column shots. And when it comes to something as classic as this, you can imagine just how many people have simply raised their cameras to their eyes and snapped, and there you have it; another tourist

So, to cut a long story short, I looked around for something to add to the shot. Not to mention a bit of a wander to see how the relationship between the two pinacles changed with my point of view. But anyway, I saw this little green man as I was waiting to cross with, would you believe it, two little green towering figures in the background. I went with it.

In the end I couldn't get the green man and the green statues acceptably exposed at the same time, and the shot was also seriously lacking punch, so I went with Mr. Red.

And in the end that was better for another reason too. This little red guy looking somewhat nonplussed at being surrounded by all these grandiloquent greenies. Or even taking off their pompous poses. I thought that was a bit funny. That's it.

*Don't ask me, I haven't a clue. 'Photography for photography's sake', maybe? That might be it...



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...