Saturday 24 March 2012

Bones Dem Bones Dem, Dry...


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Bones Dem Bones Dem, Dry... ~


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Hey, don't blame me, I'm just the undernote taker. It's Paris that writes the script, and as Hugh Laurie, aka Dr. House, says, the script writer is amazing.

This pic reminds me, cruelly, of another Paris place I have, shamefully, yet to visit. I've heard rumours of a medical faculty with a museum all of their very own, and if there's one place you're gonna imbibe of morbid medical monstrocities, it's gonna be there. But this is for later.

In the mean time, we are, surprise surprise, at that little triangle of all humanity, just in front of the Saint-Michel fountain, where a myriad minions meet every day and some crazy shit goes down and you've gotta see it to believe it.

Highly recommended, as the guide books might say, but probably wouldn't because it's just a little too left of centre to be considered a tourist attraction for anyone but a hard-bitten street photographer. As a lot of my readers are precisely that, though, I thought I'd throw it out there.

Go to AMAZON to get your Paris Photo Chronicles NOW!
One wonders, one does, what effect a guy with a 'Free Tibet' placard in one hand and a skeleton in the other could have on the outcome of a steely stand-off involving one of the world's greatest powers with unconcealed ambitions on their home turf.

I mean, who's going to head out there forthwith to fight shoulder to saffron shoulder with the peace-loving Buddhist monks over sovereignty of a place which can probably continue pretty much as is, even if the Chinese hold the power, at least for a while. It's tricky, I know, and I don't want to belittle the situation, so, not really understanding what's going on, whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should keep one's big mouth shut, and I'll do just that henceforth on the topic.

What I can say, though, is that active passive action, so to speak, does work. Sending letters to political prisoners is a case in point. Many ex-political prisoners have said that letters kept their hopes alive. And even when they don't receive them, the pressure it places on the prison, showing that gone is not forgotten, can have a real effect.

So, where was I? Haven't a clue. So anyway, here's another typical day at the Saint-Michel fountain in the middle of one of the world's most Important Places To Be, and Be Seen, and I hope to see you here one day soon too, while you still have some flesh on your bones. Have a good one ;~Sab



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...