Wednesday 7 March 2012

Taxiing My Patience


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Taxiing My Patience ~


Taxiing My Patience, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

***Here's one for all my virtual (and sometimes real) US readers, friends and Paris tour clients - and there's a lot of you guys out there, thank you! While the French might have their rêve americain, it seems that more than a few of you are living your own Parisian dream, at least on a part-time basis. I'm delighted and honoured to be able to feed it for you! ;~Sab

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joni Mitchell, eat your big apple heart out; there's one waiting and beating for you in Paris too!

A big yellow taxi indeed, in fact three of them, right there on the very un-American Boulevard du Montparnasse.

I'd write amusing things like "You wanna graab a cawfee ona cawnuh de toidy toid an Meydison? Are you fuckin wit me? Fuggedaboudit." but I couldn't type in Robert De Niro font if he was standing behind me with a baseball bat.

So three BYTs (Big Yellow Taxis) on the good 'ol BDM (Boulevard de Montparnasse), all the way from NYC (Never You Care?), what's going on?

Did you guess? Marketing raises its Medusan head in the streets of Paris once again. And what is it this time? Oh, some new American clothing boutique or other opening on the Champs Elysées no doubt; it usually is. You can just about make out which one if you're eagle-eyed, but I'm not going to grace them with my recognition here.

Actually, maybe it'll capture some searches, sooo... ok. It's Tommy Hilfiger, which seems to be... oh, hey, an American clothing boutique with a store on the Champs Elysées - how about that!

The taxis were certainly getting some attention anyway, parked outside the timeless Montparnassian bistrot, the Indiana Café. I don't think they were actually in service, unfortunately, as would have been kinda cool to cruise the French capital in a yellow cab.

Not in Luc Besson style in 'Taxi' and certainly not in Robert De Niro style in 'Ronin', heaven forbid (the wrong way around the péripherique at breakneck speed!), just a leisurely saunter past the sights would do me just fine.

"Taxi?!" Fuggedaboudit.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...