Thursday 24 November 2011

A Turkey & Egg Dilemma


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ A Turkey & Egg Dilemma ~


A Turkey & Egg Dilemma, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Now, I believe it's an event called 'Thanksgiving' in the United States of North America around now but, unfortunately, not being North American, I don't really know what they're giving thanks to or for. I do understand, though, that it usually involves ingurgitating a large amount of turkey (the bird, not the country), so presumably those particular creatures weren't consulted at the genesis of the thing.

Personally, and coincidentally, I'm eating eggs at the moment. And I can genuinely say I'm 'thankful' that I have eggs to eat, although, the more I think about it, I really can't work out who I should be thanking. Me, for earning the money to buy them? The supermarket for selling them to me? The battery farmer for producing them? My parents for having me so I could consume them (the eggs - still with me?).

Maybe I should just thank the bird that laid them, but then again she probably didn't drop the darn things just for me to jump in and gobble up her unborn young, so that doesn't work either.

Well, let's just say that 'I'm thankful' for something or other and have done with it. And who's to say that my mini little 'thanksgiving' ceremony, which I'd like to humbly christen 'today's lunch' isn't just as significant, if not more so, than a bunch of revellers on the other side of the Atlantic (and quite a few over here too) gorging themselves on fowl offerings. After all, the egg came before the turkey, right?

P.S. Who came first: Emperors or Kings.. ;~S

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...