Monday 14 November 2011

In My Not So...


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ In My Not So... ~


In My Not So..., originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Yesterday I decided to go pink 'n' pretty. Today I'm comin' hard at ya...

There are many who are worrying about the latest wave of extremism, and I would be amongst them. But who are the extremists? It's similar to 'terrorist' situations or 'insurgents' or other highly charged and, let's face it, partisan words. It all depends on your point of view.

Who are the extremists in the image above, a combination of two side by side magazine covers? Neither? One? The other? Both? Of course, I could give you my opinion, but what would that tell you but a little more about me? And who needs that, right?

I am a firm believer that what you say, and what you believe, says more about you than about the things you are talking about or believing. We learn about each other by our actions and what comes out of our mouths, but not much about the things actually acted upon or spoken about.

Does a graffitied synagogue or smashed cross or destroyed mosque tell us more about the beliefs represented by these places, those who hold those beliefs, the beliefs of the people who did the graffitying, smashing and destroying, or simply about the latter individuals themselves?

In the end, the best way to keep an open mind, in my opinion, is to absorb as many conflicting views as possible, try to understand what lies behind them, not get drawn in and make your own mind up. If you can actually make head or tail of what's often a load of unfortunate nonsense.

As I said... that's just my opinion. And you know what that's worth...

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...