Thursday 20 October 2011

And Now, More Death


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ And Now, More Death ~


Untitled, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Now don't go getting all reflective on me... oh, ok then, get all reflective on me. You can see where this is going, and it's not a good look.

You know, Paris & I is as much (almost) my personal diary as a photo record of my life in Paris, so there will be times when the twain doeth meet, and this might be one of them.

I'm reminded by this mother-and-daughter shot snuck in the metro of a poem of mine from way back when, and I'll share it with you now (three generations - parenthesising me), including the original photo which inspired it, and have done with it. Do, with it what you will. But do.


Spanning The Century
   

Misty eyes remember moments weeping
Shaking hands with strength no longer there
Circles close and centuries lie bare
Fingers touching, span the years' still creeping
Cross a yellowed photo in a chair
Tired eyes just scan the fears now sleeping
Young gaze wonders what they're doing there
Old mouth quivers in a silent prayer
Fragile genies, sowing seeds and reaping


Oh, and while I'm on the subject, if you're into poetry, here's more death.

I also do unmiserable, but still dead (well, we all do, don't we?)  ;~S

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...