Monday 22 August 2011

Streetly Speaking


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Streetly Speaking ~


Streetly Speaking, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Whether beauty or elegance is present in the above image is not for me to say.

But what I can say is that I often spot pleasing shapes and textures in the very fabric of the city. Whether we like it or not we are living in a largely concrete jungle, walking on paving stones, bitumen or cast iron, surrounded by highly functional, dehumanised devices such as electricity boxes, manhole covers and street lights, possessing greater or lesser aesthetic merit depending on your point of view and frame of mind at the time of observation.

As I'm often in artistic mood or mode as I walk the streets I tend to imagine artistry where others may see.. drains.

It's not always the case, and one of my great pleasures is wandering around with other like-minded souls who point out strange things which would otherwise have passed me by.

Quite apart from the choice of framing and other compositional elements which would be better discussed elsewhere, there's the decision to include, or not, some indication of place, the place in question in my case being, of course, did you guess... Paris

It's not particularly difficult to see the route I chose above to ensure that the link was not too obscure... and not too subtle either! It could have been less obvious, but I'm quite pleased to see the Big P's sacred moniker biting the dust for once as well as crowning countless monuments and icons of one sort or another. That's enough. My thoughts on the cigarette packet and its cheery new packaging will have to wait for another missive.

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...