Sunday 28 August 2011

God Bless The Saffron Semaphores


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ God Bless The Saffron Semaphores ~


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

After a stressful week, what better than a nice chill-out by your favourite cathedral, Our Lady of Paris, getting your photo taken into the bargain. I'm not quite sure what the relationship between Buddhism and Catholicism is (apart from the fact that they're both 'isms') but it didn't seem to be phasing these saffron-clad gentlemen.

The police were on alert just in case spontaneous praying broke out but all seemed to go driftingly. As one of my favourite Buddhist sayings goes:

"Click to display a new Buddhist saying"

Oh no, sorry, hang on a minute... ah yes, here we are:

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought'"

I wonder what these three are seeking...

And not forgetting these timeless gems:

"Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness. for he will always be happy."
~ Chade Meng

Disciple: "Oh wise and all knowing one, show me the place of perfect peace."
Master: "If I show it to you, it will no longer be peaceful."

"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
~ Albert Einstein

A monk went to the dentist for a check up. The dentist found a civity and said he would have to give the monk a filling. "Do you want something for the pain?", asked the dentist? The monk replied, "No thank you, I transcend dental medication."

And if none of that was clear, let me leave you with this pithy yet revelatory thought-bite from the Lankavatara Sutra:

"Things are not what they seem; Nor are they otherwise."

I hope that's clear. Long live Quantum Buddhism, that's what I say. And now, back to Paris...

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...