Tuesday 25 December 2012

Yo Ho Ho and a Bile Duct Glum


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Yo Ho Ho and a Bile Duct Glum ~



BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Why, you might wonder, am I up at 4.30 on Christmas morning. Moonlighting as Santa Claus, perhaps?

No, nothing as exotic as that, just a bout of gall bladder attack thanks to my excesses of the night before Christmas. Damn bile duct. Not that this is a chronicle of my personal health woes, but I just thought I'd give you an explanation or you might think I was an even bigger loser than you already do, typing away underneath the waxing sleigh (jingle jingle).

I've been adopted into a family where they do a big meal on the evening of the 24th. Fatty liver and salmon and champagne, that sort of thing. Hence my current sorry state.

Where I come from, Christmas eve is all about the anticipation of the day to come, last minute wrapping of presents and putting out milk for Santa and a carrot or a biscuit for Rudolf, or was it the other way round? I can still remember the delicious rustling coming from downstairs as I tried to get to sleep up in my bedroom as a little nipper.

Paris Pix on iTunes & Google Play!
I'm also in a family where, without going into detail, my 3-year-old son was yesterday told that we were celebrating the birthday of 'little baby Jesus'. I reckon it's a symbolic thing, although some members of my hispanic family seem to give at least a nod to the affair, so it's pretty deeply entrenched. "Don't let the angels hear you saying that..!" Oh dear.

Whatever, believing in simply one less god that your average religious person, I just get on with the usual preparations, 'celebrations' and general feasting and overdoing it as usual. The family aspect of it is nice, of course, and I'm as much of a fan as the next person, especially for the little ones.

It's tradition, after all, and without traditions where would we be as a culture. As traditions go, there's worse than Christmas, so have a good one.

The medicine seems to be working so I'm back off to bed before getting up again in about an hour and a half probably, zombie-like, to start opening presents. Ho ho ho.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...