Monday 10 December 2012

Knit One, Twirl One


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Knit One, Twirl One ~

Knit One, Purl One by Paris Set Me Free
Knit One, Purl One, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

When I got up and poked my nose out of the door today I thought, Uhh-oh, looks like a chilly one.

And so it was but not unbearably so. A beautiful day for wandering around Paris taking photos, as it turns out.

But today I'm going to talk about scarfs. You see, I'm rather pleased with myself. After 47 years, around twenty of them in Paris, I've finally discovered how to properly tie a scarf so it both really keeps your neck warm and looks good too. 47 years.

You see, what you have to do is double it before you put it on your neck. You then drape the doubled item around neck and slip the two loose ends through the loop at the other end. Got it? 47 years. Of cold neck and awful-looking scarf knots. It's hard to understand how I've made it this far.

Only $3.46 on Amazon!
You can also tie it with that crappy little tie knot school boys use and not the sophisticated double Windsor - oh yeah! - I use today. A scarf's too thick for the latter but the simple one works well.

I'm aware, before you tell me, that there are about a million ways to tie a scarf; I'm sure there are books on the subject, but I'm a simple guy, me. I went through around 46 years and 11 months with the first half of a reef knot keeping my head on - can you believe that. The acme of unsophistication. And even Paris watched me for 20 years before style suddenly hit me like a soggy baguette between the eyes.

The colourful girl in this shot is plumping for the simple muffler effect mind you. Round and round it goes, and still pretty cool for all that. But then it would be wouldn't it? Even the random guy in the photo has the technique for skillful scarf tying running through his bloody blue, white and red genes, and he knows it. 47 years...



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...