Wednesday 4 May 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Sky, My Tower!'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Sky, My Tower! ~


Sky, My Tower!, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


This hasn't been photoshopped or autocropped or slylychopped. Sure, it's been Sabbified but what I'm trying to say is, it wasn't me what stole that missing right-hand church tower, I swear!

Right in the heart of Paris, one of the city's most instantly recognisable religious landmarks... is blatantly imperfect. Immaculate in it's conception, possibly, but the realisation is sadly lacking...

It's hardly surprising though, given the continual revolutions and restorations of the period; perhaps the greatest miracle is that anything got completed at all.

Whatever the case, this monumental edifice is splendid from it's usual perspective, but catch it end-on and it risks being somewhat embarrassed! Do you know which church we're looking at here? I'll tell you in the comments... if you feel like asking :-)

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Saint Sulpice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...