Sunday 8 May 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Keeping You Posted'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Keeping You Posted ~


Keeping You Posted, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


I'll do a deal with you... I'll stop going on about there being curiosities on every Paris street corner, when... I stop discovering curiosities on every street corner, OK?

This one is DEFINITELY worthy of my Paris Quirks series, so I'm not going to tell you quite everything I know about this strange little item, but I will tell you everything I can SEE...

A stubby post, in a bit of scruffy leisure ground in the 14th arrondissement, not far from the Parc Montsouris, depicts a rather bizarre happening. It seems that a female animal, around the size of a large dog or a wolf, is offering up her teats for... human consumption.

What on earth can it mean? In fact, what can 'they' mean? For if you cast your gaze around a little you'll notice a whole little row of these posts at roughly regular intervals of a few metres across this open area. Nothing appears to give rhyme or reason to their mysterious existence.

Now THAT'S what I call a curiosity.

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...