Monday 9 May 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Down On Her Royal Luck'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Down On Her Royal Luck ~


Down On Her Royal Luck, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


Paris is famous for its perfect passages, glorious galleries and awesome arcades, and rightly so.

They emanate, without exception, a sort of ethereal, otherworldly charm. Well, almost without exception. Of all the passages in all of Paris, the Queen of Hungary's has to be the crappest.

I mean, it's not even a proper passage. Maybe I'm not doing it or her justice but, if you ask me, it just looks like a grotty doorway leading to a dubious corridor like so many others in the first and second arrondissements around the rue Saint- Denis, and we know what that's about!

So sorry Queenie, I'm very ready to incline corrected, and one day visit your glorious-but-neglected 'Passage de la Reine de Hongrie', but until that day, when the latest Paris iPhone apps are all screaming at me to check out this forgotten gem, I shall assume your passage wasn't worth noticing.

Anyone tell me if the Queen of Hungary's passage actually exists and amounts to anything, or is just pimp's argot for a particular type of Eastern European perversion the likes of which I couldn't begin to imagine. As usual, I'm dying to know.

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...