Sunday 7 October 2012

Made For Walking


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Made For Walking ~

Made For Walking by Paris Set Me Free
Made For Walking, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

If I could know how many hundreds or even thousands of kilometres these feet had walked around this city I'd probably be surprised, but over 20 years of Paris passion you tend to get around a bit.

If I added in the metro, my preferred mechanical method of transport, it would be many more. But Paris, if you're in Paris for and because of Paris, is principally a place to walk around. The richness of the landscape and number of wonders within its boundaries must rival any capital in the world, which is why it's the world's number one tourist destination, it is said.

I don't spend too much time looking down on my wanderings but sometimes it can ground you to see what's going on under your feet, and those of you who follow my Paris plaques and drains and sidewalk graffiti series over on Paris If You Please will know what I mean.

You might also think i should really treat myself to a new pair of trainers, and I agree, although the rescued photo makes them look rather dirtier than they really are, honest!

The solitary leaf (beech?) was nature's doing, and autumn 2012 has been particularly splendid this year. The cigarette butts bear witness to the French's love affair with another kind of leaf.

There are many things you only notice when you're on foot which is why I'll continue to dirty my footwear whatever the weather, and let you know what I find.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...