Monday 4 June 2012

You've Been Skewered


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ You've Been Skewered ~


You've Been Skewered, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

If you're ever in Montparnasse, around lunchtime, say, and you're feeling a bit peckish, you could do a lot worse than to try out the excellent couscous and nice atmosphere at Chez Bebert. It's mighty fine.

As you can see, I'll never be in for the title of 'best food photography on a posh Paris nosh blog' (try saying that fast after a couple of jars of Casablanca..) . But hey, as so often, so many people do cute little pics of calorie-oozing licks SO much better than I ever could, why should I bother.

To be honest, I'm amazed the bottom of this shot wasn't framed by my stomach creeping in; I - was - stuffed! Again, describing grub with any elegance isn't my forte, so suffice it to say that I recommend the chicken brochettes with the standard couscous - braised, no, I mean roasted, or whatever it is you do to skewered meat... to a T (as in 'Treat')!

Other highlights of dining out at Chez Bebert include curly handled spoons and forks, great decor, and attentive and efficient waiters who make friendly jokes to any minors in the party. Appreciated.

The place 'works', as they say. It's systematically full, as people know a good thing when they taste one. Although you couldn't eat there every day, and you certainly shouldn't eat before going, and ordering a starter could mean the death of the main course, it's a once a year rock solid option for those who like their Moroccan the way it should be in the 6th. Bon ap!


And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...