Monday 18 June 2012

Aesthetic Street Sleeping


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Aesthetic Street Sleeping ~



BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

I've made this number two in my 'Totally Crap Paris' series over on Paris If You Please and which is still very much in its infancy.

It's a question of striking the balance between artistic integrity and avoiding gratuitous nonsense.

My TCP series is intended as the ultimate antidote to all those sugary sweet picture postcard sites showing all those lovely, cutesy and utterly banal shots of the so-called 'City of Light', an expression which sticks in my gullet, such is the irony and simple erroneousness of the cliché, at least at deeper levels, which are the ones which interest me the most.

Having said all that, I still worry about alienating people even if I make a point of approaching the city from a definitely left-of-centre point of view. And anyway, now that the International Paris Street Photography Competition is in full swing and attracting a lot of attention (you do know about the IPSPC, don't you?), I can hardly be accused of only covering the dark side. I love the lights too!

But anyway, this shot struck me as ideal fodder for my Crap Paris project, because this guy must think it's pretty crap to be sleeping there, or at least you would think so. Others may think it's crap to have to see him there but I'll try to rise above such generalisations and let you decide if this is crap or not. As ever, in the end, only you can be the ultimate judge.


And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...