Saturday 17 December 2011

Paris Is...


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Paris Is... ~


Paris Is..., originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Although this isn't (yet) part of my favourite Paris Metro Signs Top 10, it easily could be. It's a splendid example of one of the last two or three art nouveau glass canapies of this type, and there's hardly anything that could look more typically Parisian.

I admit that it doesn't look exactly like this in real life, but that's the realm of the sneaky impressionist street photographer, right?

The lines continuing out to the edge of the shot are, I believe, some sort of Christmas decorations, which I haven't seen lit up but assume look appropriately festive when they are.

The exaggerated colours are my own.

Now heading back out to the suburbs I realise how much magic there is in this city and its everyday things; Notre Dame and its majestic Christmas tree; the Hotel de Ville and the happy skaters doing their thing; all the department stores in their seasonal livery. And a ton of Christmas shoppers and tourists all doing Christmassy touristy things.

The cheap and expensive shops alike are loaded up to the gunwales with sparkling wares and whatnot. I content myself with looking for the moment. Being a man, for me the raison d'etre of the 24th December is to rush around in a panic looking for those last minutes things that should have been bought two weeks ago.

I'll probably pop into the new Marks and Spencer store on the Champs Elysées, which I haven't done yet, and I still haven't seen this year's Champs Elysées Christmas lights either, which is somewhat shameful. This sorry situation will be rectified, and a suitably flamboyant photo will prove it, in the next few days, I promise.

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...