Friday 2 December 2011

Light in the City of Darkness


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Light in the City of Darkness ~

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

I'm afraid all my photos seem rather dark at the moment, and I'm somewhat sorry. Maybe it's the season. And the time of day I tend to take my pics these days, on my way home from work late at night mostly.

So I'll try to lighten up a little and I see that I have a pretty light one in the pipeline just after this, so there's still hope for a non-gloomy weekend here on Paris and I! It's to do with a sneaky Art Nouveau metro entrance secret by the way, just to whet your appetite.

But for now, here's a rather poignant view that caught my attention as I was waiting for my late evening train on the long ride home. And wait you certainly do on my line! A forlorn little Eiffel Tower entrance ticket with its little corner torn off on a lonesome platform, just waiting for the next insensitive commuter to trample it or a wintery gust to finally send it eddying down to the dark tracks below to be eaten by rats or worse. How the mighty have fallen. With only a discarded cigarette butt and a couple of dubious looking holes in the platform for company, we should be thankful for our lot!

What nonsense I'm spouting, it's only a ticket, get a grip man! Do you know, though, how many Parisians haven't actually been up the Eiffel Tower. Ever?! You should try asking a few of your French acquaintances and see for yourself. And even if they have, many of those won't have been to the very top, and it was probably because they had foreign friends staying. Quelle horreur!

I reckon everyone should go to the top of the Eiffel Tower a minimum of once every three years if they're here for the long term, so as not to forget what they fell in love with in the first place.

A very acceptable option would be to go to the top of the Montparnasse Tower, this not only affording a wonderful view of the city, with the Eiffel Tower as the jewel in the crown, the ultimate advantage being that you can't actually see the Montparnasse Tower from the top. Have a wonderfully light weekend ;~Sab

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...