Thursday 8 December 2011

Love In The Fields


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Love In The Fields ~


Love In The Fields, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

The big wheel at Place de la Concorde is certainly an impressive sight, whichever way you come to it.

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't yet discovered the Champs Elysées' Christams lights, even though they're just a stone's throw away behind my back from where I took this pic.

In fact, I think I'll go up it this year - I've only done it once and it would be interesting to see what the 2-year-old thinks of it. Probably scream his head off, which'll be nice for the people we're sharing the pod with. We'll see. But I'd love to see the world's most romantic avenue from way up high, looking way down low to this years' also circular-themed lighting scheme.

And before you think I've gone completely wishy-washy, I actually think the Champs Elysées's about as far from romantic is it's possible to get in this city. Practically anywhere in Paris is more romantic than that ostentatious, obsequious tourist trap.

I mean, it's ok, I'm mean it's lovely and all that, but romantic? Hmm. Can I abstain?

It's funny that during the day, when the sky's cloudless at any rate, the top little cap of the obelisk shines gold in the sun. But at night you can't even see it, while the column itself takes all the glory. Maybe that's the charm of the Champs Elysées - the lights at night. Because during the day it isn't that spectacular. Sacre bleu ! Is it sacrilege to utter such slander? But don't worry Paris. You know I love you.

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...