Wednesday 26 September 2012

You Looking At Me Punk?


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ You Looking At Me Punk? ~



BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

No, this isn't a reflection of me in the window, although I do look surprisingly similar to our becameraed gent in the picture...

Here we are in the wild and wacky world of Saint Germain des Prés with its galleries and sculptures and street art for all to enjoy.

I can't help wondering what the lady is thinking as she contemplates this fine human specimen. But that's probably exactly what the artist wants - reflection.

The galeriste's having none of it and has an important call to make... or take. Maybe a buyer.

I've been thinking about collectors of modern art recently, after my Bastille art market adventure. And the question that comes to mind most often when seeing pieces such as this, fascinating as it is, is... who would buy it. And what would they do with it once they had. Put it in their bedroom? I don't think so. The bathroom? Too small. The living room? Really? Would you want to see that every time you looked up? Maybe it's gallery-bound, in both senses of the word.

Are my photos street-bound? Maybe this guy could tell us...



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...