Friday 28 September 2012

Floored


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Floored ~

Floored by Paris Set Me Free
Floored, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

I admit I'm on a bit of a gallery 'window-licking' fest at the moment, having had a fairly fruitful wander around the Saint Germain des Prés / Rue de Seine / Rue Mazarine area the other day.

It's true that you can spend a perfectly pleasant afternoon checking out the displays in this area, give or take the odd - sometimes very odd - image to shake your sensibilities if your the easily shakable type.

This gallery offers us, well, this. Honestly, words escape me, and that's not because I find the 'piece' disgusting or bizarre, as I didn't bother entering to find out more. I mean, it's not as though I'm going to buy a weird dwarf-like mannequin lying in the middle of an empty floor space. Nope.

But being blissfully ignorant as to the artist's intentions I can only imagine them for myself, which is sometimes as much fun as contemplating the work itself.

The dummy's head is perturbingly adult-like, on a child-sized doll's body. Lying on the floor. Alienation? Solitude? Slipped up on life's strange journey? Fallen over? Forgotten? Dropped? Parachute didn't open? Pissed? Who knows. Inspired solutions welcome!



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...