Sunday 9 September 2012

Mind-Burp Morass


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Mind-Burp Morass ~

Mind-Burp Morass by Paris Set Me Free
Mind-Burp Morass, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

I'm going through a rather aimless experimental period at the moment and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. It's both frustrating and to a lesser extent liberating at the same time. I have no direction and self-doubt is raising its ugly head as a consequence.

I'm like this guy, faced with a score of blank canvases of all persuasions, not really sure where to start or what to do with any of them.

About the only thing I am able to do with any consistency at the moment is keep on churning out words to go with my Paris iPhone photos. But I'm not convinced this is true creativity at the moment, although sometimes it gets close.

I think I need a kick up the backside to get my finger out and my act together and start throwing words at paper and colours at canvas pretty much at random to see what happens. That's usually quite a good technique. Then at least you can see what doesn't work, and sometimes see things that do.

My canvases are usually white, and that could be part of the problem. Maybe I should impurify them to see what that stimulates. Maybe that's why photos work well as a starting point for me - they're already telling a story and I just have to find something to add worth adding.

I'm sure I'll snap out of it sooner or later. I'm convinced the best thing is to just do something and that normally leads to something else which eventually leads to... Creation, the big 'C' word again.

In the meantime here are some words which fell out of my head as I lay on the bed, but don't read too much into them, it's just a random mind-burp as I tried to get something - anything - just out there. Been there? Tell me I'm not alone!

So much of poetry is bollocks these days
Trying to rhyme recycled grime with she says
Or not rhyming at all just letting lines fall
Over to the next one like a curtain
Call me out and shout about it and then some
Doubt the rhythm wending to a wayward drum
Find your own path, never mind the snooty bores
And most of all make sure to make it yours



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...