Sunday 24 July 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Asymmetrically Yours'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Asymmetrically Yours ~


Asymmetrically Yours, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

This ad's been gracing the metro entrance of the eternally-under-reconstruction Luxembourg RER B for what seems like an inordinate length of time, which doesn't make me feel so bad about publishing it a good few weeks after I took it.

A strange-looking girl stares us straight in the eye, or should that be her eye stares us straight in the eyes, enticing us to buy the new Nissan Cube care.

The slogan reads: "La symetrie, c'est moche" (symmetry is ugly).

It takes you a while to figure out what's going on here, as you say to yourself, yep, she sure is... unusual-looking. Then you realise that her face is composed of half her face and its mirror image. Disquieting.

The car has no such perfect pretentions, and is resolutely unsymmetrical. Absurdly so.

I like the name 'Cube', as I'm rather obsessed myself with the square form, and also because I discovered an intriguing thing last week: Notre Dame de Paris is NOT symmetrical by a long stretch. Or should that be wobble? But that's another story.

Have an utterly asymmetrical day, y'all!

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...