Friday 8 July 2011

Would You Boulevard It?


Would You Boulevard It?, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
Breasts on boulevards will be a constant fascination for me. I'm not talking about real ones. That's another story.

No, what I'm talking about here is the omnipresent, in-yer-face, brutal bare flesh bombarding us constantly as we go through our daily motions.

One might wonder what your average Parisian billboard or hoarding or colonnes Morris, if you want to be fancy, might be offering us in fifty or a hundred years' time. It would be fascinating to know. I imagine they will all be computerised and flashing all over the place and interacting with us and our own personal interests based on what our microchip implants tell them we would be susceptible to buy.

I guess I never know, but I do know that I'm not going to buy the latest edition of "Frank" (is it?) magazine. I refrained from showing you the cover in its full glory, but maybe I'll just spare you a naked woman and man (probably) wearing bridal headwear (yep, both of them)... hmm. In one hundred years... will ads still be sooo... stomach-churning? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...