Friday 1 July 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Thank Apple It's Friday'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Thank Apple It's Friday ~


Thank Apple It's Friday, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

I was on a train yesterday and if I'd have pulled out my iPhone I'd have completed a perfect square of four people hammering away on their Apples and it would have made a funny picture in its own right.

In the end I thought it would just be too much (even the French say 'too much', in English) so I just kept mine hidden, as Morrissey once sang.

I've been chugging along with my iPhone 3SG, sorry, 3GS, for over a year now, including having to swallow the envy-inducing release of the version 4 with its much better screen and higher res camera.

However, I'm about to have the last (or at least the latest) laugh, as the iPhone 5 is about to come out with EVEN better, well, y'know, stuff.

If I can afford it. Which right now I can't.

And then there's the competition, which shouldn't be sniffed at, even if you are an Apple freak, which I'm not. I'm just an iPhone freak, but then I came to it from the crappiest little replacement piece of crap you could possibly imagine and it was like being on another planet. And I should know.

Anyway, I've been getting a bit nervous at sticking with the pretty awful resolution for all these amazing Paris shots I'm publishing every day when the original versions could be much higher quality, so I reckon I'm about ready to change. Lo-Fi is ok, and Grunge is Good, but when the pixels start getting in the way once you've put it through a few post-processing palavers you know it's time to change.

Have a great weekend, and may the Apple be with you. (Other brands of smart phone are available ;~S )

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...