Sunday 17 April 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Rails To Nowhere'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Rails To Nowhere ~


Rails To Nowhere, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


Very excited at the moment - my Paris Quirks project is taking off very nicely, with new people coming on board, i.e. signing up for the 20 free articles every day, so I'm extremely happy about that.

Happy to have an excuse to write about Paris and photograph everything that's 'under the radar', so to speak, of the average city dweller? You betcha!

This pic, taken yesterday, isn't directly part of that, but of course it's still a delightful Paris Quirk, this spooky abandonned railway you see sneaking over roads and through deep cuttings in Parks around the edges of the city.

The reason I took it is for a list I've been asked to create of my Top Ten Favourite 'Offbeat' Things To Do In Paris. You know that Top Ten lists are all the rage, don't you, so I don't see why I should be the only person in the blogosphere not to have jumped on the listwagon. It's coming out in the next day or two, so watch out on Paris If You Please and elsewhere.

It was quite tricky actually, to find places which aren't just weird things like 'the oldest tree in Paris' which you might glance at and say 'Oh yeah!' but don't go much further than that.

In the end I've gone for themes, especially walking ones, which can take up at least a couple of hours or more, and no, the Eiffel Tower isn't in there in any shape or form, in case you're wondering. I could, of course, have designed a little trail based on a series of unexpected things in a pretty small radius from Lady Eiffel, but I think that'll have to be for another time.

It's sunny and Sunday as I type where I sit, so here's wishing you a good one, wherever and whenever you maybe, from Paris :-D

P.S. Sorry, I've just remembered, there's something else about this photo I just wanted to tell you... something a little intriguing. If you look at the tunnel, no, look into the tunnel, you can just about see a couple of flecks of light on the left of the tracks as they go in. These are people. Although I couldn't see very clearly, and it was a bit of a grabshot, it looked like a man with two kids. Believe me, coz I'm not kidding you, and I'm as intrigued as you are. A man and two kids at the edge of a pitch black tunnel in a cutting with no visible way in or out and a high fence all around. Hmmm...

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...