Thursday 14 April 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Pretty In Pink'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Pretty In Pink ~


Pretty In Pink, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


Nothing particular remarkable about this photo, you may be thinking, if it's not the surprising chromatic cacophony of wearing a bright red bagpack with a violently pink anorak.

Pink and green, on the other hand, if we take into account the verdure she's passing, do wonders for my retinae on a cold and frosty morning.

But I'm not here to talk about colour if it's not the yellowing of the years down the ages. I'm here to talk about... ages, in fact. But I'll refrain from getting all deep and meaningful for once; I'll just tell you one thing that might be obvious: this tree has been here for ages. I mean literally AGES.

It's the oldest tree in Paris, they say, sixteen hundred and something meaning the later Louiss (that's Louis-more-than-one, as opposed to 'Louise', who was never a French king) could have swung from its branches. If the guillotine hadn't been so popular.

Most of the green we can see is parasitic ivy though, if it's not the seeping envy of one who's past his prime; this old man of paris is dying, on his last leg, propped up with concrete splints and splices.

It made me sad to see the sorry state he's in, but still he managed to cut a certain dash when a damsel, formidable in fuchsia, happened to cross his path, the old rogue.

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

2 comments:

This is Belgium said...

the dying tree and the pink lady make a perfect picture together, greetings from brussels

Sab said...

Hi Brussels, thanks. I went to your city once. Didn't see enough to get a feel for it I'm afraid.
I'll check out your blog too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...